Residents - Storm Preparedness
The Harbor Pointe Board of Directors and its Hurricane Preparedness Committee have provided the following guidelines to assist you in preparing for the annual storm and hurricane season.
In the event of a hurricane, it may not be possible to contact Harbor Pointe by telephone to obtain a property damage update. However, special notices will be posted on the front page of the Association website at www.harborpointeFL.com. This will describe the status of the storm and contain pertinent notes on general damage.
Staff will not be available to answer specific questions or carry out tasks for individual condominium units, so it is important that you properly secure your unit for storm events prior to leaving for the season. The following information is not meant to be a complete storm/hurricane preparedness guide for you; it only relates to certain issues at our condominium.
You can obtain booklets on how to prepare for hurricanes from, among other places, CVS Pharmacies and the Publix grocery store.
The following links may also be helpful:
- National Hurricane Center – NHC.NOAA.Gov
- Florida Disaster – Florida Division of Emergency Management – FloridaDisaster.Org
- Brevard County Emergency Management – BrevardCounty.US/EmergencyManagement/Home
- The City of Titusville; Departments; Emergency Management – Titusville.com
- WESH2; Hurricanes; Action Plans – wesh.com/weather/hurricanes
- Weather Channel; Tropical Storms and Hurricanes – Weather.com
- NOAA, U.S. Department of Commerce – NOAA.gov
- FEMA, Federal Emergency Management Agency – FEMA.gov
- American Red Cross – RedCross.org